We know that the members of our community have many talents and interests. We have several volunteer roles by which you can share those talents with our community to help families in need.
Morning Opportunities: Client Interview and Intake
Every morning, Monday through Friday, we need volunteers to help us conduct intake with clients of the Hispanic Family Center. Through interviews, we offer our clients referrals to receive emergency food assistance from our sister organization Catholic Parrish Outreach (CPO). In addition, during these interviews we offer clients information regaring other community resources available, when necessary. Volunteers interested in conducting intake interviews should meet the following requirements:
- Be able to communicate in English and Spanish
- Have basic knowledge of computers and the internet
- Be dedicated to provide services to the community
- Be able to commit to volunteer on a regular basis for a minimum of six months
- be available from 9:45 am to 1:15 pm at least once a week from Monday through Friday
If you would like to become one of our Intake Volunteers, please call the Hispanic Family Center at (919) 873-0094 or send an email to David Juarez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Afternoon Opportunities: After-School Program
We are always looking for people interested in helping children succeed in school. During the school year, we generally have an after-school program with tutoring and homework help for students K-5. Volunteers interested in assisting with the After-School Program should consider the following guidelines:
- English is required but Spanish is not necessary. In fact, we prefer that volunteers speak English only with the students as they may need practice speaking correctly in English.
- Tutors must be able to attend consistently. We ask that tutors make a commitment to come for the duration of the tutoring session.
- Sessions vary depending on school calendars and the demand for tutoring
- Volunteers must be committed to helping children succeed and excel in school
If you would like to become one of our After-School Program tutors or if you would like to help with the program, please call the Hispanic Family Center at (919) 873-0094 or send an email to David Juarez at email@example.com.
Afternoon Opportunities: Office work and Staff support
CPFH needs many volunteers working in different capacities to keep our programs run smoothly and continue to offer family support services to the community. Volunteers who do office and staff support work may be asked to record information in the database system, make copies, or assist clients. Please inform us of your talents and interests so that we can consider how you can best (and most enjoyably) help our program.
- Speaking both Spanish and English is a bonus, but not necessary. Strong computer skills are very useful (but not necessary). Please let us know what your skills are.
- Volunteers can work out a schedule with staff. Volunteers are welcome to help with office work and staff support from 2:00 – 5:00 Monday – Thursday.
If you would like to help the Hispanic Family Center with office work or by providing support to our staff, please call the Hispanic Family Center at (919) 873-0094 or send an email to David Juarez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Evening and Weekends Volunteer Opportunities
To promote its programs and services, the Hispanic Family Center regularly participates in community events such as Fiesta del Pueblo, Viva Raleigh, health fairs, etc., which usually take place on weekends. During these events we need volunteers to distribute flyers with information regarding programs and services offered by the Center.
If you would like to participate in these activites or would like to know more about these events or special projects in which the Center participates, please call the Hispanic Family Center at (919) 873-0094 or send an email to David Juarez at email@example.com providing your name, contact information, and a brief description of your interests and skills as a volunteer.
Thank you very much for your help!
¡Muchísimas gracias por su ayuda!